Hi there and welcome back,hope you are having an awesome day. Today I'm sharing a fun (and bright) card created with Tonic Studios Magnificent Magnolia stamp set. I love this set with all it's flowers and branches at it was really fun to combine the elements into one card.
Also,SIMON SAYS STAMPhas a sale going on this weekend,check out the end of this post for SPECIAL CODES
I used the over stamping and masking technique to add all the ink layers and with the exception of the sentiment,the card is just one layer,so yeah! no extra postage.
How to create the tonic studios Magnificent Magnolia card:
- I started by stamping the large magnolia flowers and the small flower/leaf cluster in a water proof black ink,VersaFine Onyx Black and then used my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens to blend pink and purple together to color it.Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens Wild Plum and Indigo Dawn. I blended Aqua Splash and Lemon Zest together to paint the leaves green as I don't have a green pen.(yet,haha)
- While the flowers dried I stamped the flowers onto a piece of Inkadinkado Stamping Mask paper and fussy cut them out.
- Next,I laid down a background watercolor in Aqua Splash and a small amount of Lemon Zest (blended together creates the light green).
- Once that was dry,I masked one flower at a time and over stamped the solid leaf branch in Altenew Crisp Dye Ink – Parrot.
- Then I used the Onyx Black ink again to stamp the skinny branch stamp.
- I used a black marker to add some dots and a white gel pen to add some white dots,along with splattering a small amount of white acrylic paint.
- Finally,when the entire art piece was dry I mounted it to a A2 sized White card base.
- Cut out the Will's Hand "Hope"dies,layered them and attached them and then embellished with Nuvo Prickly Pear Sequins.
It sounds like a lot of steps,but it really isn't,我最大,is don't watercolor beside another wet watercolor. Let it dry first so you don't run the chance of it bleeding into your new color,and just have fun with it. These watercolor pens are so easy and relaxing to create with because the ink/water/pen are all combined into one…..great invention.
I have the supplies listed below for you but I also wanted to add thatSIMON SAYS STAMP is having a Mother's Day Weekend Sale – YIPEE
UseCODE THKUMOMto receive $20.OFF your order of $100.or more
UseCODE SUBFVE to receive $5.00 OFF your order of less than $100.
CLICK HERE to shop – and don't forget to check out the "what's new button",there are some amazing new products in there
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I've listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensatedaffiliate linkswhich means if you make a purchase through my link,I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support,it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links,pleaseE-Mail Mewith the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.U
for the Tonic Studios Magnificent Magnolia Card: